PresidentAdams

2008 independent presidential candidate Steve Adams

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lexington, Kentucky, United States

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Angry Conservatives

Sometimes I hear conservatives or the “religious right” described as angry. We’re not peace loving hippies, so perhaps that is part of the issue. Flip on the TV and I see plenty of angry liberals or “left wingers” who seem just as angry, but for some reason, the label sticks to conservatives.

I debate many political issues with others using cold, hard logic which is backed up with facts. I ask those that respond to remove their emotion and name calling - which often leads them astray - and to look solely at the facts. As a result, though my arguments are sound, I have been then accused about not having passion about anything.

Point taken. So perhaps it is acceptable to be angry now and then. The good book even says, “Be angry but do not sin.” And aren’t there reasons to be angry? Aren’t there reasons to be passionate about what you believe in?

Yes, I know we’re on immigration overload with all the media coverage of late, but when illegal aliens ask not to be criminalized, I get angry. Illegal = criminal. Hello? I get angry when people can’t see how ludicrous such a comment is. The solution is not simple, but stop insulting my intelligence and claiming that blatantly ignoring the law makes anyone a good citizen. Legal immigrants? Love them. Illegal aliens demanding “rights”? No.

I get angry when the Governor of Kentucky finally passes a bill to prevent treasonous, blasphemous protests at military funerals; and the ACLU has the audacity to start another useless, time consuming, God and country hating court case. It’s enough to make this pastor want to take up cursing.

I get angry when global bullies of Korea or Iran blackmail the world with nuclear weapons and the “United” Nations can’t agree enough to shut them down. Even when they react, it’s a joke. Today the UN “predicted” they would “pass a resolution calling for Iran to suspend its nuclear program.” If they fail to, there will be “a serious attempt to pass another resolution calling for sanctions.” Wow, I’m sure Iran is quaking in its boots now.

I get angry when the world blames the United States for all of its ills. We are blamed for being too aggressive in Iraq, but criticized for inaction in Darfur. Oh, there’s another one. When did movie stars become international experts, able to call press conferences, flanked by politicians who want to suck up some movie star power through association? And didn’t all those movie stars promise to leave the country when their candidates didn’t win years ago?

Anger. Yes, there are many things that make this candidate angry. And there is disgust, and disbelief, and disappointment at times in the people of this world and some of my fellow Americans.

But as a wise man once told me, if you don’t like the situation you’re in, you either get out and run away; or stay and fight to make it better. I’m staying. I’m fighting in my own way. I hope you will too.

Steve Adams was born and raised in Ohio, graduated from the University of Cincinnati with a Computer Science degree in 1988, and subsequently moved to Lexington KY. He has worked at Lexmark International since 1989 and has been a Part Time Local Pastor at St. Luke UMC since 2004. He is married with two children. He is not politically correct, but is politically active. He is a registered Republican, married to a registered Democrat, and running for President of the United States as a write-in candidate on the independent ticket. No joke. You can read all about it on www.PresidentAdams.com or e-mail Steve directly at Steve@PresidentAdams.com.

PresidentAdams

1 Comments:

Blogger FreeOurPOWs said...

Go get 'em Steve.

I like this rant, of course, I am an angry conservative Christian, so why wouldn't I?

The label sticks to conservatives because the liberals control the discussion through their manipulation of the mainstream media and academia.

Until we take over those two institutions, we will continue to sink further away from Him until His blessings leave us.

The media takeover has begun thanks to talk radio and the internet. The academia takeover will take longer and will be more frustrating.

The answer to this problem is found in the Bible as are the answers to all problems, praise the Lord.

America's problem is answered in:
2 Chronicles 7:14 (KJV)

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home